Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Earnestly Lieing...

Well I didn't even start reading the play, "The Importance of Being Earnest" until last night at like 1:30 and thought I'd just read a couple of pages, little did I know I would end up reading until 3:00 a.m. to finish it. I'm a little bit of a nerd, I know. Anyway, I loved how easy the play was to read, dispite it being a play with a bunch of different characters to get into while reading in my head. I have never read that sort of thing and it was a fun change.
The play was very quickly paced and just begged for me to turnthe next page. Everything came together so quickly and clearly too. I thought Algernon was funny and flighty and in the beginning he sort of reminded me of Clive for some reason. Not really so much in his actions as in the way he said things, if that makes any sense at all. I laughed out loud surprisingly a couple of times and then read to my boyfriend, the lines I was chuckling about and he said, "guess you had to read the first 35 pages." Whatever I still thought it was funny. I believe it was the part when Algernon and Jack are predicting Gwendolyn and Cecily to be al b.f.f. as soon as they meet and call one another "sister" and then one of them says like, "yes but that's after they call eachother many other things first.

No comments: