Monday, February 5, 2007

Good, It Worked.

I'm glad that worked. Sometimes I'm not as savvy as I think I am.
Its all cut + paste until somebody gets hurt.

So, if you watched that AMAZING video from Hedwig and the Angry Inch, you have probably sprinted to Blockbuster to rent and watch the entire movie. If not, well, what is wrong with you? Its one of my favorite movies.
Okay, so to get to my point about the clip...the song described the three sexes that were written about in The Symposium. And didn't you find it as interesting as I did that it was the story about how we learned to make love? It wasn't all just for procreation's sake...it was for the sake of LOVE! (Take that, you religious, right-wing nut!) I liked how it was all for the sake of going back to how we used to be, and how convenient it used to be like that. Those four-legged creatures weren't going Downtown every weekend looking for love...they knew it would always be with them, no matter what. I also think its interesting how the three sexes were broken down--male/male, female/female, and male/female.

We should watch this entire movie (I know, shut UP already!) because its all about gender-bending, gender roles, and a botched sex change! How much better could it get??

No comments: