Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bittersweet Eternity

Well I have a lot to say about Anne Rice's, Interview with the Vampire...I can't believe I just now saw the movie and read the book, the story is so amazing! I could not get my head out of the book first of all and the movie was addicitve too, I've now watched it 3 times since I rented it. It might just have been young Brad Pitt to whom I was addicted, he's so beautiful even when he looks dead. I's probably lend him my neck if he were ever thirsty, haha. Anyway though so I've been thinking the last week about the whole concept of Bittersweet and so much in life is just that, bittersweet. I especially focused in on the bittersweet while watching and reading IWTV because so much in the story is bitter and sweet all in one. The fact that Louis and Lestat are "companions" yet Louis hates Lestat and Lestat simply uses Louis is bittersweet. Their relationship is on a bases of needing one another, not loving one another. Although Louis does not like Lestat he feels as though he needs him therefore he stays with him, it's a bittersweet realtionship. It is also truly bittersweet that Luois and Lestat are immortal as vampires because you would think that would be like the ultimate thing, to be able to live forever! But why would you want to live forever, miserable and alone? Everyone you love eventually dies and every 50 years you don't even know your own world anymore.

No comments: