Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The book vs movie and homosexuality

I enjoyed the movie over the book a great deal. While I was reading the book, I always found myself becoming bored with the style of it and the way it was written. Sure, I liked the parts when Louis was telling his story of how he became a vampire and the things he did, but I didn't enjoy the parts when the book got away from the story and more towards the interview. I guess thats the way to put it. Sometimes Louis would be telling his story and then something would trigger the boy to interupt him. Asking him questions and such, which then Louis expanded on, creating another story that I felt wasn't required. I guess I found myself wanting to get back to the origianl story of it all instead of hearing about all the chit chat between Louis and the boy. So i liked the overall story, just not all the stuff inbetween the story. Just my opinion.

The book/film brought up what I think is a problem in homosexual relationships today. The question comes up: Is it ok for a couple in a homsexual relationship to adopt? This becomes a a problem for Lestat and Louis when they have Claudia. Claudia sees a woman in the distance who she looks up to and desires and eventually wants her for her own. She brings her half dead to Louis requesting him to turn her into a vampire because she needs her. In these relationships, the child is left missing out on either a father or motherly figure in their lives. Is this fair to the child?

No comments: