Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Tom Cruise is so much more normal as a vampire!

When I first started reading Interview With The Vampire I of course was looking for the relevance of gender in the novel. I couldn't quite see this relevance too clearly until I read to page 42 and Louis began to speak of the Freniere Plantation and how it was to become run by the only son and how it wasn't possible for one of the five daughters to be capable of doing so. Also, strangely on page 42 I saw relevance to Eros' Bittersweet when Louis is talking to the reporter about how sugar was refined in Louisiana and how it is ironic that the refined sugar is like a poison, so sweet it could bring death. There is also a whole lot of the because whole receptor/reciever thing going on between Louis and Lastat because Lestat holds some sort of power over Louis by threatening him with the knowledge that he supposedly has and Louis does not. Also, because Louis was the receptor because he received being a vampire from Lestat and Lestat's teeth were somewhat of a phallus. It all makes sense in my mind but it al looks like a bloody mess in a blog! Haha get it, bloody mess?!?

No comments: