Tuesday, April 17, 2007

"The Man's Myth" here's one for the guys

So we've touched on "The Beauty Myth" and mentioned how unfair women have had it throughout the years, but what about the men? I'm going to take this opportunity to show how the guy's have had it. Let's start with responsibility. Over the years, its the guys who have been looked at to provide most of the income for the family. If someone breaks into the home, its the man who should take him down with the bat. And why has it become the man's job to pay for the movies, dinners, open doors, etc.? Now, don't get me wrong. I have no problem taking on these roles. In fact I think its something all guys should take pride in doing. I shouldn't even call it a job. For me, its more about showing respect and a way to say to that special someone: I kinda like ya. But i have to add this... I think its pretty cool for a girl to step every once in a while and say, "hey, let me buy my own ticket tonight." It lets ya know that she appreciates you and the things you do. So girls, that's a freebie, go ahead and write it down in your notes. Anyways, all I'm saying is that we all have our roles to play. Were all expected to do this, or look like that. Girls, try looking at the possitive to what you have going for you. Like being able to get a job because of your looks. Or getting some special attention. You can also talk, flirt or cry your way out of getting a ticket. I could go on and on. Here's another one. Have you ever heard this while you were listening to the radio..."Girls get in free til midnight!" or "girls drink free till midnight!." Where are the advantages of being a guy and wanting to go downtown? So what i'm saying is that every side can look at the negative if they want to. Sure girls can complain about this and that and how bad it was in the past, but the past is gone and it is getting better and better all the time. So the final thought is: SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA TAKE THE GOOD WITH THE BAD!

I'd also like to recognize Virginia Tech and send the best wishes to the students and families involved with the VT incident.

No comments: