Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Twisted

Let me first correct my previous blog when I said homosexuality was cleary evident in the book/film Fight Club. I take it back. After reading the book and watching the film, I realized what was truly going on in the story. But, without knowing the endingm, I think its safe to say there is the hint/feeling that there may be a homosexual relationship going on. Or at least the wanting of one. While I was reading the book, it took me the longest time to find out that they were the same person. But I guess that's normal for those who have never seen the movie in previous years. There were the small hints I now notice though, Like when he would say stuff like... "Tyler disappeared or he came back without ever making a sound." Or how important it was that he promised he would never talk about him around Marla, "thats three times you promised." So without catching on it was quite a ride for me.

I think it would be pretty sweet experience to be able to create this other side of yourself. As long as it didn't have the side effects that Tyler experienced. Such as getting shot, beat up, and feeling confused as hell all the time. Who wouldn't want to be able to better themselves through creating an alter ego. That is what he did. He created Tyler to be everything that he wasn't and what he wished he was. He now had the girl. He could fight. He was now a leader through fight club and others looked up to him for answers. He was in control. This is what he needed. And it became his therapy. We all have our own ways where we create our own therapy sessions when we are frustrated or unhappy. For me, I drive around in my car and listen to the tunes. Some girls go shopping. I guess some guys go too, if thats your thing. Others start eating. Whatever it is you do, keep doing it. Its the ones that hold everything in that you have to worry about. And if we all start doing that, we might just see some more Tyler Durden's around. EXPRESS YOURSELF! more words of wisdom will come next week!

No comments: